Dear NYSALJA Members,
As you know, the 2018 NAALJ Annual Meeting is being held at the Hilton St. Petersburgh Bayfront Hotel in St. Petersburgh Florida from October 14-17, 2018. The NAALJ and The NALJF boards are offering the Challenge Grant Program to New York for 2018.
The program is one of NAALJ’s efforts to support educational training and professionalism among ALJs across the country. It offers us an opportunity to choose an affiliate member to be the New York Challenge Grant recipient. The program is named “Challenge Grant” because NYSALJA will match NAALJ’s $500 grant for a total of $1,000.
The grant may be spent on the cost of conference registration, hotel, travel, or other related expenses.
NYSALJA also offers a separate $500 grant for the conference to another member of the Association.
Grant recipients for both grants must meet the following criteria:
- the recipient must be a current paid member of NYSALJA;
- the recipient must register for and attend the 2018 NAALJ Annual Meeting and Conference ;
- the recipient must not have received a grant from NYSALJA or NAALJ in the last three years.
To be considered for the grants, please submit a written request to me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org which must be received by 3:00 PM on Friday, September 7, 2018.
The winners will be randomly drawn from the names submitted, and notified prior to the conference. The winner of the NAALJ/NYSALJA grants will receive reimbursement at the conference.
One last thing… if for some reason the winner of the grant is unable to attend (for any reason), the runner-up will be given the grant.
For information and registration for the conference, go to www.naalj.org.
Any questions should be directed to me through at email@example.com.
Thank you and good luck.
Edward R. Mevec, ALJ
President and Professional Development Committee Chair
New York State Administrative Law Judges Association
WE’RE DEEP INTO THE SUMMER. HEAT. HUMIDITY. SPECTACULAR THUNDERSTORMS.
IT’S TIME TO RENEW YOUR NYSALJA MEMBERSHIP!
2017/2018 WAS A VERY SUCCESSFUL MEMBERSHIP YEAR, WITH THE HIGHLIGHT 2018 NAALJ ANNUAL CONFERENCE HELD IN NEW YORK CITY IN OCTOBER.
** THERE AREN’T KUDOS ENOUGH FOR THE GREAT TEAM FROM NYSALJA **
OUR ALL STARS: CATHY BENNETT AND RAY KRAMER. ASSISTED BY ALL THE AFFILIATE VOLUNTEERS!
THERE ARE WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITIES FOR MEMBER ALJS IN THE 2018/2019 YEAR:
- YOUR NYSALJA MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES MEMBERSHIP IN NAALJ.
- THE NAALJ ANNUAL MEETING SCHEDULED FOR PETERSBURG, FLORIDA, OCTOBER 14-17. “WAVES OF CHANGE. OCEANS OF OPPORTUNITY.” REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN. INFORMATION AVAILABLE AT firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THE NAALJ MIDYEAR WEBINAR IS RETURNING. A GREAT SUCCESS THE PAST TWO YEARS, NAALJ IS BUSY PLANNING THE NEXT PRESENTATION.
- ALL NYSALJA MEMBERS RECEIVE A SUBSCRIPTION TO THE JOURNAL OF THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF ADMINISTRATIVE LAW JUDGES, IN ELECTRONIC FORMAT.
OTHER EXCLUSIVE NYSALJA MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- PARTNERING WITH THE CITY ADMINISTRATIVE LAW JUDGE INSTITUTE FOR CLE PROGRAMS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.
- FREE CLE FROM PLI.
- FREE CLE ON LINE AT THE NYSALJA WEBSITE
DUES REMAIN AT $85 FOR AN ANNUAL NYSALJA-NAALJ MEMBERSHIP AND $100 FOR SUSTAINING.
PLEASE CONSIDER RENEWING YOUR MEMBERSHIP FOR THE 2018/2019 YEAR.
DOWNLOAD THE RENEWAL FORM INCLUDED AS AN ATTACHMENT, OR ACCESS FROM OUR WEBSITE (www.nysalja.org). COMPLETE, AND RETURN WITH YOUR PAYMENT TO MY ATTENTION: CHIEF ALJ, NYC TAX APPEALS TRIBUNAL, 1 CENTRE STREET, ROOM 2430,
OR, RENEW ON LINE THROUGH NAALJ (www.naalj.org). PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU RENEW THROUGH NAALJ TO KEEP OUR MEMBERSHIP RECORDS UP TO DATE.
THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF NYSALJA.
WE ARE ONLY AN EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION!
There are no upcoming events.