Become a member of the New York State Administrative Law Judges Association. When you do, you automatically become a member of the National Association of Administrative Law Judiciary (NAALJ).
- Free or low cost CLE programs, including:
- an ALL ACCESS PASS to Practicing Law Institute (PLI) courses. Click here to sign up.
- Networking opportunities
- Subscription to the Journal of the National Association of Administrative Law Judiciary
- The NAALJ Newsletter. Members receive the NAALJ news, which reports on board, committee, and membership activities and on administrative law topics.
- Opportunity to attend the NAALJ semi-annual conferences
- Access to member resources
- Mediation training (discounts on this popular program, offered through the National Judicial College, which is geared specifically to adjudicators in the administrative law field. This training has taken place in locations such as Santa Fe, New Mexico; Atlanta, Georgia; Hunt Valley, Maryland; and Reno, Nevada.)
- Scholarships (Tuition scholarships are available for NAALJ members to attend courses at the National
Judicial College. NAALJ is also a significant contributor to the Arthur A. Gladstone Memorial Scholarship Fund at NJC.)
- Fellowship opportunities (The National Administrative Law Judge Foundation (NALJF) is the public interest arm of NAALJ. NALJF endows an annual Fellowship to encourage research and scholarship in the area of administrative law. Each year, the NALJF Fellow writes an article for publication in the NAALJ Journal and delivers a presentation at the annual conference. The Fellow receives a $1,500 cash stipend and an all-expenses-paid trip to the conference.)
- Committees and Sections. (Members are encouraged to join one or more of NYSALJA’s and NAALJ’s various committees and sections, both to network with others who hear similar types of cases and to help NYSALJA and NAALJ fulfill their mission to improve the quality of administrative adjudication.)
Membership is open to current or former administrative law judges and hearing officers in New York. (See our Membership Eligibility requirements for details.)
Dues are $85* annually (the membership year runs from July 1 – June 30) and includes membership in NAALJ.
The NYSALJA Executive Committee meets four times a year, alternating between Albany (Troy) and New York City. We always try to schedule a pre-meeting get-together to provide members and guests with an opportunity to exchange information, network, renew social contacts, and share problems and solutions.
Members are welcome to attend Executive Committee meetings – dates, times and locations of meetings will be posted on our Events Calendar. Our Annual Meeting is usually scheduled in September or October and new officers and EC members are elected at this annual meeting.
Click Here for an application to become a member of the NYSALJA.
*Please consider paying $100, instead, to become a NAALJ Sustaining Member. Sustaining Members are a distinguished group of members who provide extra financial support. Your additional contribution will aid the association in maintaining its leadership position as the voice of administrative adjudication.